Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving (although I confess this has historically been one of my least favorite holidays)

Today I am thankful for the long hard road that has led me to my first completely compassionate Thanksgiving Day. I am thankful for my friends and family who may not always agree or understand but are supportive nonetheless. I am thankful for a fantastic boyfriend who loves me as much for our differences as for our similarities. I am thankful for the Vegetarian Society of El Paso, a group of people who I never expected to meet and never expected to have such an impact in my life.

There are many other things in this world I'm thankful for, like sunlight soaking into my skin or the smell of the air in a pine forest or for my grandma Joy and all her undying support of me throughout my life. But, for today, I'll stick with the short list above. The rest are just for me.


The Kritzler clan of Texas, Ohio, and a bit of Canada (c. 2009)
The Hines clan of Texas and Iowa (c.2006)
What are you thankful for today? (Please don't say Black Friday Sales or I will Punch You in Your Throat!)

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. A day to remember all the people and events we are thankful for... everyday. Dad

    ReplyDelete