Sunday, August 19, 2012

A List of Random Things You May or May Not Know About Me

  • I only need about 10 minutes of Justified-watching before my southern accent comes on thicker than cold molasses.
  • Speaking of Timothy Olyphant, can we all just agree that he should only ever wear a wife-beater (look it up!) or appear shirtless?
  • If I were a water-molecule on a highway, I'd prefer to be run-over by an AquaTread tire.... the idea of shooting down the middle tread like a flume sounds fun.
  • I've been named the VOOP... the official Voice-Of-Organ-Pipe. Call Organ Pipe Cactus NM and listen to the voice on the phone tree. That's me!
  • My toes are double-jointed..... freaked out my parents when I was young.
  • I love those gross late-night surgery shows that are on Discovery Health.
  • I guess you've already read how I have an odd belief that bodies are going to float up beneath me when I'm sitting in a body of water. No? Read it here....
  • The first bottle of wine I ever opened was tough to get into but I managed to work the corkscrew. Upon showing my parents the fruits of my labor, they laughed and pointed out that it was a screw-top bottle....
  • I love period-films but anything involving amputation scenes is unacceptable.
  • Severe Roach Phobia
  • I enjoy crosswords mainly because it involves placing letters in tiny neatly arranged boxes
  • I can't stand to watch, or be watched, people brushing their teeth. The beginning of Stranger Than Fiction was tough for me.
  • If I ever have a child, I want it to be a girl so I can name her after my grandma. Little baby Evelyn... I'm sure I'll regret my desire as soon as she hits her pre-teens.
  • One year for Christmas I gave my father a box of bat-shit... he's a gardener.
  • And then one birthday, I received my father's ponytail in the mail.
  • I was a twirler... and was offered a scholarship for it.
  • I'm the first born in my family  


my 1st birthday
  • My favorite time of the year is Fall. I love the changing colors on the trees and plants; I love the crisp fall air; I love baking fall treats.
  • I broke my foot but demanded a walking cast only because I was planning to visit Big Bend NP and wanted to be able to hike.
  • I've recently discovered that most of my travels are to the same places as my grandparents. Very odd...
  • I took, and taught, photography in college.
  • I busted my tooth on my swingset in elementary school
see the pull-up bar on the left...
it will forever have a dent from my tooth!
  • I love architecture!
  • I've been vegetarian for many years and am embarking on veganism.
  • I was the last of 4 grandchildren to get a tattoo.
  • I was pretty terrified of everything as a child. Sometime in high school that all changed and my life of adventure began.
  • I've taken road trips my entire life; with my family as a child and with friends, or alone, as an adult.
  • I've used the excuse "but I'm from out of town" several times after driving the wrong way down a one-way road.
  • I'm named after my mother's maiden name, and I share my middle name with her.
  • There are 2 people in my family with my exact name - first and last - and spelled exactly the same.
  • I have never mowed a lawn... and i hope that will remain true forever.
  • I have eaten lichen.
  • I've also eaten guinea pig, snails, and frog legs.
  • I developed a pork allergy from a tick in the Appalachian Mountains. True story.
  • I wish someone would invent some type of garbage disposal for the shower drain. Someone with long hair - go! Invent! Become a millionaire!
  • My favorite movie is 50 First Dates.... followed closely by Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I think its partly because Hawaii is so relaxing, and partly because I'm a mushy romantic at heart.
  • I have a huge girl-crush on Pink.
Alright, I feel like this post is becoming an exercise in narcissim, but please excuse me because I'm sick and bored on my couch.

7 comments:

  1. You're the last of 4 Hines grandchildren, and the last of 4
    KRITZLER grandchildren to get that tattoo. Therefore, the last of 7?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, fine, the last of 6 grandchildren... I've always been a bit cautious.

      Delete
    2. Whew! Thought I'd missed one!!!

      Delete
  2. When someone invents that hair-garbage disposal system for the shower, PLEASE let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! For now, I'll stick with pouring Nair down the drain.

      Delete
  3. Oops . . 6 grandchildren. I counted Justin twice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I just re-read the whole loving "period-films" thing. I'd like to clarify that by period, I mean ERA-films. I don't think I'd ever love a menstruation film...

    ReplyDelete