Sunday, August 21, 2011

Climb Every Mountain, Shop Every Mall

Most days I feel like Maria Von Trapp standing on a mountaintop, singing at the top of her lungs.  However today I feel like a zombie underground trying to claw my way to the surface.  Today I have food poisoning.  What better way to spend a miserable day on the couch than start a blog!

So! Welcome to High Rises to Hiking Boots, or a City Girl Goes Wild.  (Not yanking-my-top-off wild, more like Jack London's Call-of-the-Wild).

See, I grew up in the suburbs of one of the largest cities in the US.  I did typical suburban girl things: softball, dance, giggling with friends about boys, worshipping the mall like it was church, driving WAY too fast on the freeway, screaming at the sight of bugs and most slimy things; you know, the usual stuff.  I also did some atypical suburban girl stuff: shopping for banquet dresses at drag queen shops, learning why the ladies' pictures in New Orleans' French Quarter had black bars across them, borrowing my boyfriends' car without a license... and wrecking it.

Some would say I'm spunky or the more tame "fun-loving".  I refer to it as naively adventurous!

So how did I go from this:


to this?:

Welcome to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment